Registering as a New User
To use the Flash Seats® site to buy, sell, or transfer
tickets, you need to register. The registration process is simple and requires
you to complete some basic personal information. Anyone over 18 years can register with the
system. For details on the registration process, see the following sections:
Creating a New Account
The New User Registration page gives new users the opportunity
to open an account with Flash Seats. You can establish a login ID through
this page using your email address. You must fill out the registration form
and select and confirm a password to help safeguard your account. The New User Registration page marks each required field with an asterisk*.
Important! You must be 18 years of age or older to register with the Flash Seats system, but fans under 18 can add their ID to another account holder's account (e.g., teenage children can add their IDs to a parent's account).
To create a Flash Seats account:
- Go to the Flash Seats home
page at http://flashseats.com, and click Register at the top of the page. The
New User Registration page appears.
Note: If you already have a Flash Seats
account, click the click here link next to the Email Address field. The
Log in to Flash Seats page appears, where you can log in to the Flash Seats
- Enter the following information:
- Email Address
- Password: Your password is
case-sensitive, and must be at least seven characters long and contain
both letters and numbers.
- Confirm Password: Re-enter your password.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Home Phone
- Work Phone (Optional)
- Cell Phone (Optional)
- Birthday: Using the drop-down
menus, choose the month and day of your birthday, and enter the year.
Your birthday is required so Flash Seats can verify that you are
18 or older. Flash Seats Customer Service may also use your birthday information to help
verify your identity.
- Time Zone: Using the drop-down
menu, click the correct time zone for the city where you live. Items in the system,
such as your account balances and transfers, are displayed in the time
zone you select. If you're viewing information about an event, the time
zone shown is the time zone of the city where the event is being held.
For example, if you're in California but bidding on an event in New York,
the time stamp on your bid appears in PST (Pacific Standard Time) and
the time information for the event appears in EST (Eastern Standard Time).
- Street Address: Use line 2
if necessary. Remember to include house, apartment, suite, or building
- ZIP Code
- Country: Currently, Flash Seats only supports U.S. and Canadian account holders.
- Flash Seats uses security questions and your answers to verify
your identity when working with customer service representatives on the
phone or at events. You need to answer two security questions; you can
choose from the following options:
- What was your first pet's name?
- What is your mother's maiden name?
- What city were you born in?
- What are the last four digits of your Social Security number?
- What are the last four digits of your driver's license?
- What was your dream job as a child?
- What is the first name of the boy or girl that you first kissed?
- What is the middle name of your youngest child?
- What school did you attend for sixth grade?
- What was the make of your first car?
- What is your oldest sibling's birthday month and year?
- In what town was your first job?
- In what city did you meet your spouse/significant other?
- What is the name of your favorite childhood friend?
- What was the last name of your third grade teacher?
- What street did you live on in fourth grade?
specify the provisions that you agree to by opening an account
and uses the personal information you provide.
therein, click Yes. You must click Yes in order to open an account with Flash
Seats, and by clicking Yes, you accept that this agreement is enforceable just
like any other agreement you sign. If you do not agree to both the User
If you understand your rights with regards to arbitration of claims as outlined
in the Legal Disputes section of the User Agreement, click Yes. You must click
Yes before you may open an account with Flash Seats. If you do not understand
your rights, click No.
- After you've completed all the information on the form, click the Sign Up button.
Once you register successfully, a message appears telling you that your account
was created. In order to complete the registration process, you need to verify
the email address that you will use to log in to the Flash Seats site. Until
you verify your email address, your account will have limited access--you will
be able to browse the Buy page and view events for which tickets are available,
but you will not be allowed to place a bid on tickets or buy them. See the next section
for details on verifying your login email.
If your registration was not successful, an error message tells you the reason
why it was not successful. Some of the possible errors you may see include the
- Missing information in required fields
- You're under 18 years of age, so you will be prevented from registering as a
Flash Seats user
- The email address you're trying to register is already associated with a Flash Seats account
Verifying Your Login Email
Once you register successfully, Flash Seats needs to verify your login email
address for security purposes. You will receive a verification email that contains
a verification link and code.
To verify your email address:
- Open the verification email you received from Flash Seats, and then do one of
- Click the link included in the email. This takes you to the Flash Seats site,
where you will need to login with your email address and password, and then
click the Secure Log In button.
- If you're verifying your email address right after you registered with Flash
Seats, copy the verification code that appears in the email, paste it into the verification
field on the site, and then click the Verify button.
You're now ready to use the site. In order to gain entry to events or buy and
sell tickets, you need to register a valid form of ID to your account. See the
Adding Identification to Your Account
After you've verified your email address, a page appears informing you that you
need to enter a form of identification to enter an event. When you arrive at a venue, Flash Seats verifies your identity
by swiping the ID on your account. You can swipe one of the following forms of identification:
- a valid credit or debit card (recommended)
- your driver’s license
- a state identification card
These forms of identification must be added to your Flash Seats profile prior
to arriving at the venue.
For details on adding a driver's license or credit card to your account, see the Identification
Flash Seats and the Flash Seats logo are trademarks of Flash Seats, LLC. Use prohibited without written consent. All Rights Reserved.